Incorrect documentation can lead to costly faults, user errors and unwanted/expensive calls to help centers. SLI Compliance’s document review service certifies that voting system product documents meet all requirements and support all components of the system to avoid unnecessary rework and maintenance costs.
Voting system Technical Data Packages (TDP) are comprised of software, systems, user and support documentation and represent a critical component of the system/product suite. Our clients receive a detailed review of TDP documentation submitted by the vendor for completeness and accuracy in describing the system.
SLI Compliance’s review process can include a deep dive into any of the following specifications and documentation:
- System Hardware Specification
- Application Logic Design and Specification (Standards and Conventions, Operating Environment, Functional Specification, Programming Specifications, System Database, and Interfaces)
- System Security Specification (Design and Interface Specification, Security Architecture, Development Environment Specification, Security Threats Controls, Security Testing and Vulnerability Analysis Documentation)
- System Test Specification
- System Change Notes
- Configuration for Testing
- A copy of the Quality and Configuration Management Manual
- Voting equipment user documentation
We review the documentation to evaluate the extent to which the system conforms to the client specific requirements.